Oläst 2008-08-10, 08:15 #1
catch catch är inte uppkopplad
Medlem

Reg.datum: Jul 2008
Medlem

Hi there,

First of all we are sorry to have to post that in English, but it´s important to us to bring our point across and since we are not native Swedish guys it would be really hard to do so in Swedish . So we apologize to the administrators and mods of this board - in case it´s not liked to write in English here, but we feel it´s important for your members as well as ourselves to state some things clear. If it´s totally forbidden to write in English, Moderators/Admins, please let me know so I will have that text translated.

We were notified that in this forum it is asked/questioned wether catch.info would be a clone of snapback.se:
Now to state that clear: Catch.info is NOT ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY to snapback.se.

The only thing we got in common is that we provide a similar service (allthough we believe we differ a lot at success rates ).

Our Service is live only a few weeks, so the drop today has been the first, that we tried to catch domains for customers and we can proudly say, that our success rate in this drop is > 90%. All of the domains backordered with us had been backordered with snapback as well, so I guess you understand, why we believe that we differ in success rates...

Thanks for taking the time reading here. If you got any questions on that matter or any other, I would be happy to answer those.

NOTE: I would prefer you asking in English if possible, simply because I would be better able to get the meaning of your questions

best regards,
Al, Catch.info
catch är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-10, 09:05 #2
gummiankas avatar
gummianka gummianka är inte uppkopplad
Har WN som tidsfördriv

Reg.datum: Apr 2008
gummianka gummianka är inte uppkopplad
Har WN som tidsfördriv
gummiankas avatar

Reg.datum: Apr 2008
I don’t mean do distrust you, and of course one who is innocent shouldn’t have to prove that, but can you (and this of course has been the issue discussed with snapback.se) tell us a little bit about your service and organization?

For example, who’s behind the company ? Where are you based? Do you haven open bids? How can you say you’re the leading service after a few weeks and 1 drop? Competition with a crippled snapback.se maybe isn’t that hard?

Is it just a coincidence that you start your service (according to yourself) at the exact same time as questions’ regarding snapback.se has been raised?

You use Ulrich Internetmarketing for registering .se domains?
Can you tell me a little bit about them, I could not find much on Google, and has no insight into the industry.
gummianka är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-10, 09:26 #3
Medlem

Medlem

First of all thank you for asking in English

Concerning your questions:

1) Our service is based on a cooperation of several Austrian companies (whereof Ulrich Internetmarketing is one of those) that are based in the ecommerce market for quite some time now.

2) I don´t know what you exactly mean by "do you haven open bids"? Could you please explain what exactly you are meaning by that? In case you mean wether we accept unfunded bids, then the answer is no. Any credits given to us are of course refundable, but we are only trying to snap domains that are bid on by a credited account.

3) Well we deciding a few weeks ago to make our snap service public doesn´t mean we didn´t snap .se domains before The difference now is just, that we provide that service now to public. So we snaped already when snapback.se had not been crippled - as you say.

4) Yes it´s just a coincidence. Probably a bad time for us to start, but sincerely we wouldn´t have even noticed questions having arised concerning snapback.se if we wouldn´t have been told by a swedish customer at first (as mentioned we are not Swedish native)

5) Why you couldn´t find much about Ulrich Internet Marketing on Google is because it´s a company not doing many public Services - except now - among a few other companies of the cooperation - that snapservice.

As mentioned we just started and therefor we don´t yet have many customers but some are also reading in here obviously (since we have been notified) so they might wanna give their own opinion on the service we provide - but that´s up to them

best regards, Al

P.S. As a sitenote: We are currently facing massive Server attacks by someone we didn´t find out yet. So please don´t associate that to any problems snapback.se might have (?) in case our servers are not accessible the next hours for some time.

P.P.S. We once already posted in this forum with a short explanation about our service and stuff, but it was deleted for being advertisement, which we understand. But on the other hand we meant by that post as well to give some information beforehand. So I will be happy to answer any further questions and hope the forum administration won´t take that for being advertisement
catch är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-10, 12:24 #4
Erik Stenman Erik Stenman är inte uppkopplad
Klarade millennium-buggen

Reg.datum: Aug 2007
Erik Stenman Erik Stenman är inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Aug 2007
By open I think he means that you reveal to identity of the bidders. That was one of the problems snapback.se had/have. Since they don't reveal that information we can't know if there are real bids or if the bids are made by them.
Erik Stenman är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-10, 13:12 #5
Medlem

Medlem

Thanks for the clarification, aquastorm. Now I got it

Well in fact we believed that to be rather more a service to the customer than a problem, since I guess not everyone would be fine with being publicated on snaping domains?

But I get your point. Basically there doesn´t exist a real reason against publicating the bidders I guess, except for the bidders themselves (in case they don´t want us to do so). So that leads us to a dilemma: Of course we could integrate a function where bidders can authorize us to publicate their name on bidding history, but what if most of the bidders don´t authorize us (which I believe would happen) since they don´t wanna be publicated? I mean that would again lead to mostly anonymous bids and again to the accusation our bids wouldn´t be real... and we are not the type of guys that act against our customers wishes just for us not having to deal with such accusations (which are simply wrong, but understandable)...

I mean I know we don´t do such kinda things, but I get the point - how would you know?

I believe the only reasonable way out of that dilemma will be to give it some time, so that the one or other customer will review us and people have, so to say, an independant point of view on us.

Nevertheless I welcome and will pass on any proposals how to solve the dilemma mentioned above so that catch.info works to your satisfaction. So if you got any idea on how to solve, just shot
catch är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-11, 09:00 #6
eliasson eliasson är inte uppkopplad
Bara ett inlägg till!

Reg.datum: Dec 2005
Bara ett inlägg till!

Making a public list over bidders whenever the bidding is done, is easy.
I'm not talking about the technical part, but a option in the "Control panel" where you are asked something like:
"I accept that my username or userid is beigin published as bidder on a domain.".

By doing above, you display bidders towards the public, but only with customers approval.
eliasson är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-26, 16:46 #7
Medlem

Medlem

eliasson, thx for the input. We are discussing that right now. Should probably be implemented within a few weeks. Personally I am no tech, but as far as I understood in the discussion, that implementation shouldn´t be hard to from the tech point of view.

Besides of that for those who had a look on the recent bids on our site saw that there haven´t by far been that many or that high bids as e.g. on snapback... so if we would do fake bids, why would we tolerate such a bad pr so to say? Correct, because we don´t do fake bids

Here is an update on our performance on the last drop in august:

Our success rate has been bigger than 90% while all of the domains backordered with us had been challenged by at least another backorder service (just as information - since if we would have 90% on not challenged domains it wouldn´t be much of a success, while as all of them have challenged I guess we profe to be capabale of snaping the names you want).

Best regards, al
catch är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-26, 16:56 #8
Helix Helix är inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Dec 2003
Helix Helix är inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Dec 2003
As long there is a discussion here, I would like to ask you how many registrars are you using or do you as a registrar snap the domains for the customers?
Helix är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-26, 17:24 #9
Medlem

Medlem

well that is internal information, sorry...

what I can tell you is that our queues obviously last to give good enough performance...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
ADDON: Ouch I just saw that we already publicated our performance from august. Please apologize that double post.
catch är inte uppkopplad  
Oläst 2008-08-26, 18:18 #10
Bara ett inlägg till!

Bara ett inlägg till!

Citat:
Originally posted by catch@Aug 26 2008, 16:46
eliasson, thx for the input. We are discussing that right now. Should probably be implemented within a few weeks. Personally I am no tech, but as far as I understood in the discussion, that implementation shouldn´t be hard to from the tech point of view.

Besides of that for those who had a look on the recent bids on our site saw that there haven´t by far been that many or that high bids as e.g. on snapback... so if we would do fake bids, why would we tolerate such a bad pr so to say? Correct, because we don´t do fake bids

Here is an update on our performance on the last drop in august:

Our success rate has been bigger than 90% while all of the domains backordered with us had been challenged by at least another backorder service (just as information - since if we would have 90% on not challenged domains it wouldn´t be much of a success, while as all of them have challenged I guess we profe to be capabale of snaping the names you want).

Best regards, al
Al,
I think you've gotten the wrong idea of Webmaster Network, as a forum.
The purpose is not to in any way promote your own web pages (incl. services) nor possible subsidiary, except in the trade subforums, but still you're promoting your company.

Anyway; No, that implementation is not difficult to apply.
eliasson är inte uppkopplad  
Stängt ämne

Aktiva användare som för närvarande tittar på det här ämnet: 1 (0 medlemmar och 1 gäster)

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +2. Klockan är nu 03:08.

Programvara från: vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Svensk översättning av: Anders Pettersson

Copyright © 2017